Monday, November 7, 2011

Birthday Party Crafts





For our daughter's 3rd birthday party we went with a Fairytale theme, but tried not to make it too girly so the boys would have fun too. The bulk of the activities included two crafts. The decorated paper crowns, and made stuffed monsters.
I originally thought I'd have to go to a burger king to get crowns that I didn't cut out myself, but I found a pack of Teacher's board borders for 60 cents at Target and with a little paper extension that fit the kid's head great! Then we just had crayons and stickers for the kids to decorate them with.
The other craft involved more prep work and mom supervision; thus I can't take credit for it. My friend whose daughter's birthday we were also celebrating came up with this craft. She used felt and cut out random shapes, the sewed them and stuffed them (kind of like a pillow, but the result is a simple stuffed animal). Then she had other felt shapes, and eyes, and puff balls, for the kids to choose and then show her wear to hot glue them onto their monsters. The kids loved it! One suggestion I would have for this craft, is also making a simple upside down pocket on the back of the shapes where the kids could stick their hands and then they could become makeshift puppets.

No comments:

Post a Comment