Monday, November 7, 2011

Past Crafts



Since I don't have any plans for more crafts til Thanksgiving is a little closer, I thought I'd share some of the other simple crafts we did several weeks ago. Coloring or painting is a daily thing in our house, but there are ways to make it even more fun or interesting.
One way is to include paper shapes and cut outs and make a picture, then paint it. I cut out a rough shape of a tree with branches (pretty simple if you just want to wing it). Then I found a bag of fake leaves at the dollar store. I glued the tree shape on card stock and then Mercedes glued the leaves where ever she wanted to on the paper. After wards she painted it. We had a collection of real leaves too, but the fake leaves are less messy. With real leaves we did some shading, where you put the paper over the leaves and rub with a crayon.
Another craft we did was and educational craft about the life cycled of the butterfly. It was something I did in preschool so I thought it would be cool to have my little girl get to do something similar. We made four sections on a paper. Then had a variety of materials to glue on to represent egg, caterpillar, chrysalis, and butterfly. (we used marshmallows for the eggs, puff balls for the caterpillar, peanuts in the shells or spiral noodles for the chrysalis, and butterfly stickers or foam cutouts for the butterflies)

No comments:

Post a Comment